Friday, July 16, 2010

Wayne Marshall ft Mavado - My Heart

Wayne Marshall has been one of my favorite Reggae/Dancehall artist for a long time.  When i just moved to Kingston in Christmas of 99 he was just emerging on the scene wit songs like Girl From Columbia, bling bling, and weed smoke in the air.  When the smoke clears ft Bounty Killer (this song was first recorded with Wayne Marshall alone, i heard renassaince play it at peppers in 2001) really introduced him to Jamaica on a whole.  10 Years later his career is looking strong and with the release of what many are calling song of the summer "My Heart" who knows what the next 10 are gonna bring.  So here u go the video for "My Heart" directed by Storm, and features Esther Beckford, sister of Reggae singer Keida.  Bless up Marshall, gwaan blaze it.








3 Questions: Wayne Marshall


House of Diggy: A lot of musicians and writers say that only when one experiences heartbreak will they be a truly great writer, do you agree?

Wayne Marshall: I wouldn't say that.  But i guess Heartbreak is a part of life.  Inspiration comes from feeling.  Love, hate, stress, joy and anger can all bring inspiration in there own right.  It's Just how you channel it as an individual.

House of Diggy: I remember you letting me hear this song Months back before it was released, even before it was recorded. You sang the Unedited version I remember saying "A deh so u a go with it?" you replied,  "Hell Yeah",  did u imagine this response to the song and how does it make u feel?

Wayne Marshall: I had high hopes for the song bro.  Its been really happening now what we been dreaming for all these years.  Nothing happens before the time and i think I just reach a level where I can manage the exposure musically and otherwise.  My friend said it looks like we gonna get 5000 views on youtube in a week and that would be great.  We are at 5 days since the premiere and its almost at 50, 000 views, so that put things into perspective.

House of Diggy: What advice do you have to anyone that has experienced heartbreak? and is yours in good hands?

Wayne Marshall: Be strong.  It might be ruff for a while and even a long time but with time like everything else we heal and get over shit.  Give it time and build back.  Find someone new and do it all over again...my heart is safe where it is now.  Very.

No comments:

Post a Comment